What is SOA?
SOA or Service Oriented Architecture is a concept that is initially designed to attain the agile enterprise vision using a flexible IT infrastructure that makes business to reply to alterations in efficient manner. Due to change of business dynamics, several opportunities emerge and developers should be able to design and provide enterprise java software solutions and apps before these opportunities disappear.
When an application framework is provided to developers, it enables them to understand the SOA concepts and empowers them to use them for Java application development projects. The framework offers the infrastructure required for designing and developing apps that are based on these concepts.
Developers use systematic requirement-driven approach to build an app framework for these concepts using their years of experience and expertise. The approach helps developers to arrive at the desired objective in a systematic manner. They have a clear objective and goal, systematic process and guiding principles, like:
- Requirement-driven technology
- Easy to use
- Standard based and pattern-driven
- Latest and upgraded
- Buy and recycle existing things instead of building them again
Different framework components requirement for SOA implementation:
- Defined mechanism- Developers need to define mechanism for service interface with the existing operations and input & output parameters.
- Registry of services- It is used by service providers to register their service implementation and consumers can look up a service implementation with it.
- Well-defined service orchestration – It is a mechanism that takes care of long running and flow of interactions.
- Enterprise service bus- developers can plug in and out the service implementation with it. This supports synchronous, asynchronous, transformation, etc.
- Well defined service invocation- mechanism allows the service to be implemented and invoked through several technologies including EJBs, web services, etc.
- Well defined mechanism- it handles service aspects like management, audit, access control, etc.
- Apache axis
- Glue framework
- Web Service Invocation Framework (WSIF)
Service Management components-
- The Spring
Service Invocation components-
- The Mule
Conclusion- All the above information is shared by experts to help Java developers and entire development community in understanding different approaches to transform SOA concepts and essential components required for java software development for enterprise. In case we have missed or skipped anything, you can mention it in your comments. Do follow us for latest updates related to java news.