Most businesses are finding CRM outsourcing as essential tool to keep their management and sales team’s operations smooth. About 40% of CRM based applications are hosted over cloud and still counting. But this is not what you can expect with outsourcing CRM and integration services operations, such as sales programs or customer care. Companies do hesitate to outsource these operations- of course, for good reason.
Outsourcing has its own benefits- it is cheaper, scalable, and faster to implement. What has changed is companies now have to deal with people and not with software. Managing CRM operations in-house is always good and better than outsourcing – but only for companies that can invest their huge time and resources in order to get great quality user experience without affecting other critical business aspects. But if you can’t afford this luxury, then you have no option left except outsourcing CRM services to third party vendor.
Outsourcing best fits here-
- Operations- There is only one thing that third party vendor bring and that’s the expertise. It is important for vendors to deliver quality service to customers. Outsourcers offering complete and continuous training program to their staff and making investment in latest technologies to integrate and support multichannel interaction, such as social media, email, and telephone.
- Growth – There is always a scope of growth when you hire third party vendor or outsource CRM services like customer care.
- Cost- You should not be mistaken by assuming that your outsourcing partner will be cheaper than managing internal operations, there are chances when you will end up spending less while outsourcing. Moreover, you don’t need to invest in high-end infrastructure or train staff employees.
And the problem is-
- Data- Companies are facing difficult time in maintaining data. Over the time, data records get larger and maintaining the integrity of such records becomes difficult.
- Control- In case you have outsourced customer care from third party vendor, you will lose your brand control.
- Relationships- CRM is about managing customer relationship and in case your vendor fails to maintain customer relationship and clients are unsatisfied, then you will end up losing your clientele.
May be due to such risks, many companies are skipping looking at the benefits of CRM outsourcing. But, still there are businesses daring to avail such services to get the best results and growth.